Monday, October 19, 2009

So, I was reading through Acts 17 and something caught my eye, here it is.

4-5Some of them were won over and joined ranks with Paul and Silas, among them a great many God-fearing Greeks and a considerable number of women from the aristocracy. But the hard-line Jews became furious over the conversions. Mad with jealousy, they rounded up a bunch of brawlers off the streets and soon had an ugly mob terrorizing the city as they hunted down Paul and Silas.

So here is whats going on, Paul is in the synagogue teaching about this King, we call him Jesus, using their scripture. Now Paul was doing a good thing standing up for Jesus, and he won some over in fact some joined Paul and Silas, but some "hard core Jews" got mad at this and what do they do? None other than make a mob and hunt down Paul and Silas, don't get me wrong I love Jesus, but i can see why these guys where mad. Imagine if a Buddhist came to your church and started teaching against what you have believed forever. I'm not talking about Jews and Christians here. What I'm saying is These guys stood up for what they believed, though mostly out of anger. Now i think it's time we step up and start showing our faith in that way. Now I'm not saying go make a mob and terrorize a town, but what I am saying is its time to get off our butts and live the faith, after all if these Jews can do it why cant we. Live what you believe. God doesn't live exclusively in the church building, he lives in we Christians as well. Who are we to decide who goes to heaven so lets do this as a mob for Jesus winning people to Christ.

All for God

Seth Blake


1 comment:

  1. Great post man, I have a question though. What do you mean when you say "live the faith" ??? I agree with you, just wondering what it means to you. Also there's nothing scarier to me than a mob for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete